Thursday, July 3, 2014

cat's outta the bag


David, Guthrie, and I are thrilled to announce that we are expecting our first little one in January 2015! And I promise that this is no April Fool's joke (remember this post)? This is the real deal.

It's been difficult keeping this exciting news a secret, which is why I've been so absent as of late. I've been in hiding! I was so nervous that I would accidentally spill the beans.

I'm about 13 weeks along and nearly into my second trimester. I definitely had a very difficult first trimester with around the clock nausea and fatigue. Growing tiny humans is not a piece of cake. Thankfully I've started to feel a little bit more like myself. The nausea has lessened and my energy has increased and as a result I am welcoming a regular exercise routine back into my life.

I ended up quitting my new job at BHLDN because I couldn't handle the commute (3-4 hours per day) and the constant one-on-one with customers while feeling more sick and tired than I ever have in my life. I'm bummed that I had to leave so soon, but it was the right choice for me.

Most importantly, though, we are pretty over the moon. Today we got to hear the heartbeat and that was a sound unlike any other. It's been quite the adventure so far and I can imagine it'll only get better. 


No comments: